The Kinetico 9306 Aquataste Cartridge is designed for the reduction of taste, odor and aesthetic chlorine. This replacement cartridge is used in the Kinetico Drinking Water Filter Model 7000 and as a postfilter in Drinking Water Systems.
NOTE: In systems with the MACguard (Drinking Water Filter Model 7000), the MACguard Filter cartridge automatically shuts off or reduces flow to a trickle after 500 gallons (1,892 litres) of water have been processed. Cartridge replacement is required to restore water flow.
In Drinking Water Systems (without MACguard) you should replace your prefilter and postfilter cartridges at least once per year.
- Turn off the feed water to the unit. If you have a Kinetico Drinking Water System with a storage tank, shutoff the valve on the storage tank by rotating the handle (if included). Open the drinking water tap to depressurize the system. All air/water flow must cease before continuing with Step 2. This may take several minutes.
- Disengage the cartridge by turning clockwise. Pull the cartridge down from the head. Discard the cartridge.
- Remove tamper-proof cap from the new cartridge by pulling the tear tab. Fill the cartridge with tap water to expel any air.
- Insert the cartridge into the head and rotate counterclockwise.
- Turn on the feed water. If you have a Kinetico Drinking Water System with a storage tank, open the valve on the storage tank (if included).
- Allow the tap to remain open for approximately 15 minutes. It is necessary to rinse a minimum of two tank fills to purge air and rinse carbon fines.
- Close the tap.
- Check for leaks.
- Replacement is complete.